Community Collaboration: October 23 Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As you can see on this dashboard, COVID-19 cases and rates are up in our county and in the township; hospitalizations are rising as well. You may have heard that stricter mitigation requirements have been implemented in nearby counties, and that some suburban school districts have moved back to remote learning. With our township schools open, early voting underway and holidays approaching, we again need to ask everyone to continue to wear masks, watch your distance and wash your hands.
Your personal choices impact an entire community; please make choices that have a positive impact on the health and safety of yourself, your family and your friends and neighbors.
- Limit gatherings in your home; encourage masks and distancing when you do have guests.
- Quarantine upon return from states that are on the Cook County Department of Health’s travel restriction list.
- Be aware of safety guidelines when you vote. Do your research in advance, and follow instructions posted at the polling place.
- Find alternatives to large-group Halloween celebrations. Check the Halloween guidelines and other activities in Glenview and Northbrook.
- Get a flu shot. It won’t protect you from COVID-19, but avoiding any health issues (and resulting hospitalizations) is more important than ever.
We can keep our schools and businesses open if we all take these important steps.