Northbrook Village Hall closed to public
Beginning tomorrow, March 18, Northbrook’s Village Hall and Public Works Center will be closed to the public until further notice. This decision has been made to protect the health and safety of our staff and the community amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The Village of Northbrook will continue providing services, many of which can be conducted online or by phone from the comfort of home. Read the full list here.
Note that some Village services are being adjusted to accommodate our facility closures and to encourage social distancing:
- Administrative Hearings for March 20 and April 29 are postponed to May 15.
Development & Planning Services
- Business can be conducted by phone at 847-664-4050 or by email at email@example.com.
- All payments will be accepted via credit card over the phone at 847-664-4050. Payment by check can be accommodated over the phone as well with further assistance from staff.
- Building-related inspections are being scheduled or performed following social distancing guidelines. Call 847-664-4050 for more information.
- Permit and zoning applications are being accepted and processed through a new system:
- Email all application paperwork and plans electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Drop off hard copies behind Village Hall (1225 Cedar Lane) under the covered entrance area on the east side of the building during business hours only. Find the “Application Drop-Off Table,” and include your paperwork in one of the provided banker boxes.
- For water-related questions, contact the Water Department directly by phone at 847-664-4171 or by email to email@example.com.
- Payments will be accepted through the mail or in one of the Village’s payment drop boxes:
- Behind Village Hall (1225 Cedar Lane)
- At the Northbrook Police Station (1401 Landwehr Road)
- At Wood Oaks Junior High (1250 Sanders Road)
- Annual fire life safety inspections or re-inspections will not be conducted from March 18-April 8.
- Construction inspections related to the fire code will continue.
The following programs and services will be suspended until further notice:
- The Drug Take Back Program
- The Citizen Police Academy
- Department tours and ride along programs
- Coffee with a Cop
- Fingerprinting with the exception of exigent circumstances
- Car seat installations with exceptions
- Group presentations
- Solicitor and Chauffer licensing